When you are looking to update or replace the siding on your home, you have many options to choose from. Vinyl siding has become an extremely popular siding choice for several reasons:
- Cost-effective —Most people are initially attracted to vinyl siding because of its low cost. The value is further increased because vinyl siding performs well and lasts a long time, so it’s not just a fix. When you choose vinyl siding, you are selecting a quality product that will last. It’s one of the best home improvement projects you can do that will improve the value of your home.
- Durability —While extreme weather can damage vinyl siding, vinyl is generally very durable. It can withstand winds up to 110 mph and is water-resistant. The color is fade-resistant as well so you don’t have to worry about repainting to maintain good color.
- Easy to install —Vinyl siding is easy to put up so it doesn’t take very long to revamp your home’s exterior. If you need a siding job done fast, vinyl is the way to go. You also won’t be paying as much for labor costs because it doesn’t take as long to install.
- Aesthetic appeal —Vinyl siding looks really nice and will improve the curb appeal of your home. As previously mentioned, the color doesn’t fade so it will look nice for years to come after installation. Due to high demand, there are a wide variety of color options so you can choose the perfect color for your home.
- Maintenance-free —Vinyl siding doesn’t need a lot of attention to maintain. Spraying down your siding with a hose every so often will clear away dirt and debris, but other than that there isn’t much else to be done.
There aren’t a lot of negatives to vinyl siding. It isn’t perfectly water-proof, so it is often recommended to install a lining behind the siding to keep water from getting into the home and causing any mold damage. Additionally, extreme temperatures can damage vinyl siding. For example, cold weather can cause it to become brittle and cracked, and hot weather can make it warp and bend in certain cases.
We frequently recommend vinyl siding to our customers and are experts at quick installation. We look forward to working on your siding improvement project!