If you have a free weekend, it may be time to try your hand at some DIY home reno projects. Home reno projects don’t have to be expensive or time consuming. You can start today by making a small change, and you may be impressed by how much difference they can make to the feel of your home.
Here is a list of 5 simple and exciting home reno projects you can do today:
- Paint Can Do Wonders. A fresh coat of paint can do wonders for every room in your home. You can even get creative and refinish cupboards, vanities, etc. There are many new and exciting paint products that allow you to complete projects you never thought to try before. Rust-Oleum has produced several paint products for unique purposes, including refinishing old tubs, adding a chrome finish to old products, and even creating faux granite countertops.
- Add a Backsplash. Adding a backsplash in your kitchen can be done in a day or two. This project is accommodating for both small and large budgets, as products and materials vary greatly. There are many how-to guides online that will help you complete the look you are hoping for.
- Replace Outdated Hardware. Replacing outdated hardware is a very quick and easy way to change the look and feel of your kitchen and bathroom areas. You can update an entire look just with new hardware. Not only is it a simple home reno project, but it is also relatively cheap.
- Landscaping. Believe it or not, you can get a significant amount of landscaping done in one weekend. Even if you are planting a new garden, the project will likely go quicker than you think. Add a nice stone walkway or retaining wall, and you have a unique new outdoor area.
- Replace Interior Doors & Molding. This may be a little pricier, but it will definitely feel like a change. Updated doors and molding will completely change the interior of your home, and it can easily be done by most do-it-yourselfers.